Charity Link

You can sponsor me here...William Wates Memorial Trust

Thursday 11 July 2013

Stage 18: The Alpe Deux Huez

Today was a good day. A tough day, but then all the days are tough. But I loved it. Twice up the Alpe. All 42 hairpins. I found my lost legs and nailed the climb, not once, but twice. They burned but it felt good.
Another glorious day to be on the bike. It was hard, but frankly the Alpe double pales into insignificance when you compare it to infamous Tak and the Crow double (Polar Bears in the Campsies).
The stories will have to wait until another day, however. Tomorrow is a monster of a stage. It has the potential to be the hardest day I have ever had on a bike. Over 200ks, The Glandon and the Madeleine, two giants of the Alpes, both before lunch. Then the Col de Tamie, Col de Epine and the Col de la Croix Fry all cat 1 or cat 2. Fingers crossed my legs dont go AWOL again.
Get through tomorrow and we will be able to finally think about Paris.
I have heard that you can see Paris from the Col de Croix Fry. Metaphorically at least.
I'm dog tired and it is late, but all is right with the world. I need my sleep. I will bid you an adieu.
Until tomorrow, from Alpe d'Huez,
N



2 comments:

  1. Keep it going Kempy. It's 10:00 in the beerie on a Saturday night. You have got a tough hour of ZB to go but then the hive will open and your home and dry. Well not dry but you know what I mean.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whose chairman? If it Geordie, Ive no chance.
    Whose chief sneak? If its Gordy, see above.
    Remember I didn't set foot inside the Hive until late 96...

    ReplyDelete